At PETstock, we aim to help pets inspire every person, every family, every day. We’re a global pet care retailer with more than 150 sites across Australia and New Zealand. We cater for a pet’s every need by providing a huge range of animal care products, food and services like pet grooming and training, as well as in-house veterinary hospitals.
PETstock is passionate about making a difference for pets in need by raising money and awareness through our in-house charity foundation, PETstock Assist. Over 50% of our team donate to PETstock Assist and, as a team member, you’ll have the opportunity to further support the cause through in-store adoption drives, animal shelter food donations, fundraising events and in-store customer donations.
PETstock people are animal lovers who know customer service is more than just sales. We want our team to know their customers’ names, their pets’ names and to remember to ask Tess how Georgia’s ballet concert went or if Darcy won his footy game on the weekend. We look for people who are personable, can create fun within their workplace and want to see their store succeed.
Recognised as the Australian Retailer of the Year & in numerous Employer of Choice award programs, PETstock treats its team members like part of the family. Our team are empowered and supported to grow themselves to be the best they can be. You won’t be treated as a number and you will be given lots of opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Check it out for yourself what it’s like to work at PETstock by visiting our PETstock People Instagram page or LinkedIn page.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Dog Groomer with a sales background to join our PETstock family.
You will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Providing outstanding dog grooming services in store.
- Coordinating the salon and clients in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Making client bookings.
- Assisting floor staff in providing PAW-some world class customer service.
- Maintaining breed clip and brand/product knowledge.
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets.
The PERKS of being a PETstock team member:
- Previous professional grooming experience and/or qualifications are needed for this role.
- Proven confidence and the capability to handle a variety of dogs.
- Experience with specific breed clips.
- A positive, can do attitude and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- A willingness to learn.
- A passion for pets.
- Must be physically able to work in an environment requiring repeated heavy lifting of stock weighing up to 20kgs.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, public holidays and university holidays, as required.
- The opportunity to build a career whether it be into retail operations and area management, pet grooming or training, veterinary care, business ownership or a professional support role.
- State of art grooming equipment provided
- The chance to be recognised for all your hard work & passion in our regular awards programs.
- Interstate travel for training and networking opportunities.
- Generous team discounts for you and your family (your pets too!).
- A fun work culture which includes fancy dress days and the ability to bring your pet to work every day..
- Access to PETstock’s #petspiration health and wellbeing program which is focussed on supporting you to be physically and mentally fit for the future.
- Make a difference in the lives of pets and their families by contributing to PETstock inhouse charity foundation.
- Discounted health care, banking and financial services.
- Free mental health counselling support services.
Application Close Date: 28/07/2019